Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I want to upgrade my computer for gaming?

Like the question says i want to upgrade my pc so i can play new games such as dragon age 2 and fallout new vegas on high settings.





My computer specs are as follows:





Processor- AMD Phenom 9550 quad core 2.2 ghz





Ram- 4 gb





Motherboard- Foxconn A7VMX series


1x pci express 16 slot


1x pci express 1 slot


2x pci slots





Current psu 350w but upgrading to a Corsair Gaming series as600 600w. Is this good enough?





Im thinking of upgrading the graphics card to a-





Zotac synergy edition NVIDIA GEFORCE gtx 460.





Will this graphics card be compatible on my pc?





Cheers in advance|||Hi there!


Any graphics card will be compatible as you have a PCIe x16 slot, so YES!


The GeForce GTX 460 would be a good choice, but I suggest something better and the NVIDIA 500 series cards are out in the market.


Have a look at GeForce GTX 560Ti or the GTX 550Ti.


Its similar if not better that the GTX 460


The PSU is more than what 560Ti asks for, but its better for the future, so go ahead with it.|||I'm glad to be of help! :)

Report Abuse


|||My specs are: 2.4Ghz CPU, 3GB Ram, Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphics card (fantastic for the price) . My PSU is 375Watts. My computer running at full load (including the 5770 graphics card) is just over 300Watts. Unreal Tournament 3 - 120 fps. Crysis - 40 fps.|||The PSU upgrade is not necessary to go that high but it will allow for much more expandability later. The graphics card is a PCI Express x16 so it will certainly be compatible with your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment