Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is a great motherboard for Intel Core 2 Duo E8500?

I an planning to build a PC around the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500. Most techies recommend Asus P5Q Pro for the E8500. I am just looking to compare a few more brands/models before I make a decision.





I use my PC for Web surfing, watching streaming and downloaded videos (but I do not make videos,) and gaming. Mostly, I surf the Web and watch streaming videos -- they make up 80 to 90 percent of my computer activities. I will use Windows XP Pro and avoid Windows Vista (and Linux/Unix) with the new PC.





I intend to play upcoming RPGs (e.g., Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Diablo III) and strategy titles (i.e., StarCraft II, Heroes of Might and Magic VI.) I definitely do NOT and will NOT overclock the CPU.





I want a high-quality motherboard, which should not cost more than $250. It should have a moderate number of slots for expansion. Longevity is a very important consideration: it should last for at least five years. (My current PC uses an original Intel motherboard. It is over seven years old and still working fine, and I am extremely happy with it. That is the type of longevity I want.)





Please recommend.|||I recommend the Gigabyte UD3P, outstanding board.





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>|||Agreed, get the UD3P.

No comments:

Post a Comment