Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chineese water dragon has not been eating and shows no intrest in food why?

I have 2 Chinese water dragons in a 4 ft high 2 ft wide and 4 ft long custom tank, my first water dragon who ive had for a year and a half has been losing weight and seems to have stopped eating color is still bright a little pale though but he has not ate in almost a month( unless he eats some food when im not around ) last thing i seen him ate was a pinky and one meal worm about a month ago. I know you are not suppose to have 2 water dragons in the same tank specially if male but i bought my second in hopes it would be female but it is not. My first water dragon showed some dominance towards my second one for a week but then then they seemed to not notice or care for the other after that until 6 months later i started to notice out of the blue my 1st water dragon started to lose weight and is very sluggish, he now shows no interest in food and my 2nd now showing more dominance because of my water dragons weaken state but the weird thing is they were both in great health and bright in color and had a good appetite never payed no mind in each other except my one is now i guess sick. my other one is still fine still eating and all, the humidity in the tank is perfect as well as the heat and the cool side they have about 6 hiding spots a big water bowl for soaking another for drinking which they do use and are fed mostly cricket and meal worm diet and rosy reds and a pinky once every 1 or 2 months but i don't know whats wrong with my 1st water dragon and i am afraid he will die do i need to separate him from the other water dragon even though they did fine for over 6 months or does he have another problem that's not stress? they are around the same age but my second one is now bigger due to my first ones weight loss, but like i said i know im not suppose to keep to of the same sex in one tank but they did fine for over 6 months but i knew id make a new tank if they became hostile towards one another(which the only reason why i didnt seperate them in the first place is becuase they did fine for 6 months) i just want to known what I can do and whats wrong with my water dagon|||I'm not an expert on Water Dragons but my advice would be to separate them for a bit. See if the smaller one starts eating again (don't let them see each other either if possible). If it does then I would suggest keeping them apart because it would defiantly be a dominance issue.





Sorry I can't be any more help. I only helped look after a water dragon for a short time. Below is a link to some other people who would be able to help you for sure.|||You need to separate them or build them a much larger cage. That cage is small for 1 CWD, there will definitely be territory issues with 2 even if they are male/female|||thats a huge description

No comments:

Post a Comment