Sunday, March 4, 2012

Will upgrading my RAM from 8GB to 16GB improve gaming performance?

I was wondering if upgrading the RAM to 16GB from 8GB would make a huge difference in the way games are played with very high graphics settings. When i play a game like Dragon Age 2, for example, and the graphics settings are maxed on everything, it gives me some lag. Will more RAM help this? Thank you!|||You'd never see a difference. In fact, on some motherboards it would slow it down because the cache would disable. You'd probably have better luck with a better video card.|||It depends are you playing this on a desktop or a laptop ? If it is a desktop then NO a better video card is your choice. If you are playing this on a laptop then you may see a better performance as your laptop uses Integrated video and the memory in your laptop not only runs your laptop but the video as well, but even then you will only see a small benefit.|||I have 8GB of ram. I don't think anymore will help any. I know my mother board says it will support 16GB ram and yours does too probably. I think what would really help is to upgrade your graphics card.|||your ram is more than enough to handle the gaming...as said above better get a graphics card with more memory inside.|||No. Needless to say, games hardly use more than 4GB of RAM.|||Not even a little. Your cpu/gpu is holding you back.|||No, you would be wasting your money

No comments:

Post a Comment