Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why is my Mass Effect 2 plaqued by vertical screen loading/tearing?

Unfortunately, my Mass Effect 2 is very annoyingly affect by what seems to be the screen loading and showing. Lines move up the screen whenever the camera moves and it drives me crazy.





It happened in Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age, too. In Mass Effect it seemed to go away/happen rarely and in Dragon Age it seemed like it went away when I shut off anti-aliasing. Unfortunately, Mass Effect 2 doesn't give you that option. It also doesn't give you the option to change the quality of the graphics. It currently runs smoothly (other than the guddamned vertical loading) and looks beautiful on the highest setting, and I thought that maybe if I put it one or two clicks lower than that would fix the problem.





I thought to myself, "Just ignore it, Jack, just ignore it;" but when I see lines moving up Yoeman Chamber's lips I get a little peeved and overall it drives me bat**** insane.





Is there anything I can do to combat this problem?|||Your video card can't handle the graphic rendering.





Upgrade your video card and you should be set with no lines.|||Get a better video card. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment